- Australian Treasury - Supporting businesses to retain jobs HERE
- Australian Treasury - Job Keeper Payment (Info for Employers) HERE
- EMPLOYERS - REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE FOR JOBKEEPER PAYMENTS
COVID-19 Support for Sole Traders
- The JobKeeper Payment for Businesses without Employees:
Sole traders may be eligible to receive the JobKeeper Payment if their turnover has reduced. Learn more about JobKeeper Payment for sole traders.
The increased instant asset write-off
Under normal circumstances, individual assets less than $30,000 are eligible for the instant asset write off. The Government has lifted this threshold to $150,000 for assets that are either installed or ready for first use by 30 June 2020. Read more about the increased instant asset write-off .
SME Guarantee Scheme
This will provide businesses with funding to meet immediate cash flow needs, by further enhancing lenders’ willingness and ability to provide credit. Businesses with a turnover of up to $50 million will be eligible to receive these loans. Learn more about the Coronavirus SME Guarantee Scheme
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) is providing relief for some tax obligations for businesses affected by the outbreak, on a case-by-case basis. Contact the ATO’s Emergency Support Infoline for businesses on 1800 806 218 for more information or to request this help.
Victorian Government’s NEW Business Support Fund
Business Support Fund applications are now open as part of the Victorian Government’s Economic Survival and Jobs Package.
Firms are eligible for $10,000 if they:
- employ staff
- are highly impacted by COVID-19 business restrictions
- have a turnover of more than $75,000
- have payroll of less than $650,000
Rights & Responsibilities -
- Coronavirus and Australian Workplace Laws - Find out about your workplace entitlements and obligations if you’re affected by the outbreak of covid-19, including information about stand downs from work, working arrangements impacted by school closures, and pay and sick leave entitlements. HERE
- Employee Fact Sheet: A document that you can provide to your employees outlining support and options for them if you are required to reduce their hours. Find attached HERE
Business Support -
- If you’re dealing with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic there are ways your bank can help See HERE
- Coronavirus information and support for business from business.gov.au HERE
Cleaning Practices -
- Australian Government Department of Health Infection Control Training HERE
- Find some best practice cleaning guidelines from our member Steamatic here - Coronavirus Preventative Hygiene Clean, Coronavirus Infectious Disease Bio Hazard Decontamination
What is an Essential Service?
The AusIndustry national Contact Centre has been getting numerous enquiries about what constitutes an Essential Service. Currently there is NO national definition.
Rather, here is the list of firms / industries that are designated NON-ESSENTIAL (and that have already been ordered to close down) HERE
So until further notice, all remaining businesses can and should keep operating where possible (as long as social distancing measures are adhered to). See HERE
+ Posters for your Workplace...
- Know the signs poster for your workplace - DOWNLOAD AND PRINT
- Good hygiene is in your hands - DOWNLOAD AND PRINT
- Stop the spread poster for your workplace - DOWNLOAD AND PRINT
+ Content for your Social Media...
- Video - Ballarat now is the time!
- Image - #shopballarat Download both from Dropbox here