To suggest an event for promotion on this calendar click here.
Upcoming Events in April 2019
Ballarat Nurses' Conference Mercure Ballarat Hotel & Convention CentreDate: Monday 29th
Time: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Ausmed believes it is essential that nurses living in the Ballarat region have access to effective and engaging CPD on an annual basis. We look forward to receiving your support to ensure that this Local Nurses’ Conference is brought to Ballarat every April.Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 1300287633
Health and Safety Representative Initial OHS Training course (5 Days) Ballarat Golf Club Tithridge RoomDate: Tuesday 30th
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Cost: $810 plus GST
Recovre's Safety Consultant Nicola Flecknoe will deliver the WorkSafe Victoria Approved Course
30/4, 7/5, 14/5, 21/5 and 28/5 Ballarat Golf Course
- Interpreting the occupational health & safety legislative framework and its relation to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing the cessation of work
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Entitlements to attend these courses: Under the OHS Act 2004 (section 67):
- all elected HSRs and Deputy HSRs are entitled to undertake the WorkSafe Victoria approved HSR Initial OHS Training course and choose their training course in consultation with their employer.
- an employer, if requested, must allow an elected HSR and elected Deputy HSR to attend a WorkSafe approved HSR Initial OHS Training Course on paid time, pay the cost of the course and any other associated costs.
- all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs after completing an initial course of training, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend HSR Refresher OHS training course and choose the course in consultation with their employer.
- an employer, if requested, must allow an elected HSR and elected Deputy HSR to attend a WorkSafe approved HSR Refresher OHS Training Course on paid time, pay the cost of the course and any other associated costs.
StartUp Ballarat Masterclass - Design Thinking and Innovation Ballarat Tech SchoolDate: Tuesday 30th
Time: 9:30am - 2:30pm
StartUp Ballarat is managed by City of Ballarat, with support from Launch Vic. We are excited to offer our community the opportunity to take part in a series of masterclasses offering an introduction to human-centred design, design thinking and innovation. They will be delivered by Ballarat's own Splendid Studios. These masterclasses are ideal for anyone currently exploring a start up business idea.
The sessions will be highly interactive, offering at least one practical exercise per event. The four sessions will be linked thematically but will be standalone; attendees will derive benefit irrespective of the number of sessions they attend. Lunch and materials will be provided.
Session 3 - Applying Design Thinking and Innovation will cover 2 topics:
- Introducing Ideation and Design Thinking
Defining human-centred design; setting effective problem statements; ideation techniques; blue water strategies
- Evaluation and Prioritisation
Feature prioritisatioin techniques; minimum viable products and product roadmapsContact: email@example.com | Phone: 0428864885