+ Guidelines for Reopening cafes, restaurants and other food and drink facilities
Due to a rise in cases on coronavirus (COVID-19) in Victoria, and in line with advice from the Chief Health Officer, proposed easing of restrictions planned for 11.59 pm will be deferred until 13 July.
From 11:59pm on 21 June 2020, restrictions on hospitality venues will be eased as follows:
- The limit on patrons will remain at 20 patrons per enclosed space, subject to the density requirement of one person per four square metres
- Single groups of up to 10 people can dine or drink together. They can be seated at the same table, replacing the previous limit of 6 patrons per table. Tables must continue to be spaced so that patrons are 1.5 metres from a neighbouring table when seated
- Limits remain on entry to comply with the density requirements allowed within a single space – one person per four square metres
- Bars, pubs, clubs, nightclubs and strip clubs can open for seated service only, with tables spaced so that patrons are 1.5 metres from a neighbouring table when seated
- Ordering at counters and kiosks is permitted, however food and drink should be delivered to seated patrons
- Alcohol can be served without a meal when seated
- Venues are still required to collect contact details (first name and phone number) of every patron and visitor attending your venue for longer than 15 minutes (e.g. contractors, delivery workers) to assist in rapid contact tracing
- Retail TABs, and TAB and KENO facilities inside licensed premises may open
- Requirements on additional cleaning and venue signage remain in place
- Free coronavirus (COVID-19) training is available online for hospitality staff.
+ More Support for Pubs, Clubs and Restaurants
The Victorian Government has announced that $40 million from the Business Support Fund will be available to licenced venues with an individual annual turnover of up to $50 million, but who are not covered by the Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme, for rent relief. READ MORE HERE.
+ Australian Hotels Association COVID-19 Resources
The AHA are working closely with the Federal Government to come up with a safe return for hospotality venues. For COVID-19 resources for hospotality... CLICK HERE.
+ Guidelines for Take-away
- Enable physical distancing of 1.5m to reduce in-person contact for both staff and customers
- Ensure four square meters per person in your premise
- Limit the time customers are in your premise, if at all
- Purchase supplies to help limit infection, for example alcohol sanitisers and soap
- Increase routine environmental cleaning
- Open windows, enhance airflow, adjust air conditioning
- Ensure the highest hygiene practices among food handlers
- Sick employees to stay home
- Keep staff informed of the actions you are taking
+ Partner with DELIVR (Local food & beverage delivery)
A collective have been working on the most efficient and effective way to help lower the cost of your deliveries when using third party websites/apps. Alex from delivr.com.au which is a locally owned and operated food and beverage pick up and delivery platform has been incredible in showing his support to local businesses, and offers a much more affordable rate than other platforms.
Delivr is offering the following:
- 18% On Deliveries
- 0% on Takeaways (this is a new initiative by Alex to support business, and will be kept at this rate for the foreseeable future)
- 24/7 Ballarat Based Support
- When you spend your money on Delivr, that money stays in Ballarat.
- Drivers are paid more per delivery than other platforms
- Average order value of $49
- No Joining Fee
- We are a full service platforms for locals, by locals
If you're not currently on delivr.com.au, but would like to be, we are working to help get as many of you online as quickly as possible. Attached is a template for you to fill out with your menu items, you can adjust the category headings as needed to suit your business.
The only other thing we require to get you up and running is an android tablet, or mobile phone. There are current supply issues with these so we are putting out a request to locals who may have an old one no longer being used.
When you send your template back, please let us know whether you have access to an android tablet or mobile.
Templates can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org